Monday, June 15, 2009

We Got a Letter!

Well, we got our first letter from Riley on Saturday! It was so much fun to hear from him. It's crazy to think he is serving a full-time mission! So exciting! Here's part of his letter. Hope it makes you just as excited as it made us!

Dear Family!

Well the first day is over! It’s been pretty fun, but way busy. When I got here we went through check in for about an hour, then came to the room and unpacked a little, and then headed to the medical center to verify all the immunizations and stuff like that. Then, a big orientation meeting, dinner, and another meeting and then another. So we have been busy. For dinner I ate potatoes and gravy and roast beef. So we are treated pretty well.

In my branch I was made the District Leader, so that is kinda crazy. Basically everybody reports to me and I have to approve everything.

Also in my branch there is an Elder Christofferson, the nephew of the Apostle. We talked and it was pretty cool.

There is no handshaking, no hugs, no contact really allowed right now to prevent spread of any flu. Also there are hand sanitizing stations EVERYWHERE. They are really big on sanitization.

Well, so far things have been pretty sweet and hopefully it will stay that way!

Well the first day is done and is great. Hopefully all is well for you.

Love you all!

Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment